Is your drug or alcohol addiction destroying your life, career or family? Or perhaps you are seeking help on behalf of a loved one?
If you or someone that you love is struggling with addiction to drugs or alcohol, or a combination of both, it is best that you have all of the necessary information to select the best alcohol and drug rehab treatments that are available to you in your search for a suitable rehab program.
Get Started Today:
- What is the best rehab program for your needs
- Finding a rehab near you or in your State
- Paying for Rehab
- Selecting between inpatient and outpatient programs
- Personal Preferences: Niche Rehab Facilities
- Will detox be necessary
- Get Urgent Help!
No two people are the same and no two addictions are the same. Therefore when it comes to rehab there should be no one size fits all solution to treatment. As a result different treatments and facilities will work better for some than others.
It is therefore incredibly important to assess your own particular situation, preferences and needs before narrowing down your selection.
Thankfully when it comes to rehab programs there are a wide range of options available to you. With an estimated 23.5 million people aged 12 and older suffering from a substance use disorder the treatment of addiction is a huge industry and there are many treatment options and paths to recovery from which to choose.
Please note: Whilst you will want to get into the best treatment program for your needs sometimes done is better than perfect! With over 59,000 people dying from drug overdoses and 88,000 deaths attributed to alcohol misuse each year in the USA it’s important to just get started somewhere.
Choosing the best rehab center for you
There are a number of primary considerations to be addressed when starting your search for the best rehab for your needs. As a first step it is important to sit down and honestly assess your starting point to best determine your needs. It is best to involve those closest to you in this process as all decisions will likely impact them and it is important to also have their 100% support and commitment.
Severity of addiction and addiction type is one of the most important aspects to consider. If your addiction is critical then you will need to commit to a longer term inpatient facility. The detox process may be very tough so you will need 24 hour medical supervision on hand.
- How severe is your addiction?
- Is medical detox required?
- Do you wish to stay close and find a rehab near you or are you happy to travel for the right program?
- How much of the cost of rehab will your insurance cover and what other payment options do you have?
- For moderate to sever addictions inpatient programs offer the best opportunity for sustained sobriety. Can you commit to a longer term inpatient program?
- Are there any underlying mental health issues or co-occurring disorders which will need to be addressed during treatment?
The best rehab facilities will offer treatment plans which can be fully customized to address the needs of the patient, their addiction, and any other determining factors or co occurring disorders.
Rehabs Near Me
With over 14,000 specialized addiction treatment facilities in the USA there are a lot of options to choose from. However for the majority of people their preference is to seek treatment close to home and in their local area.
This choice is generally influenced by;
- Family or other responsibilities: Perhaps you are a business owner or in an important role from which you cannot be away from for an extended period of time. Or you may be the sole carer for your family, have young children and are generally very much relied upon.
- Support Network: If you have family and friends with whom you are very close then it can be extremely beneficial that they too are involved in the recovery process via family therapy sessions. For this reason finding a local rehab program which is accessible and convenient might be preferable. On the other hand if you have many negative influences around you then perhaps a rehab facility in another State will provide the psychological space and privacy required. If you have no support system upon which you can rely then your recovery plan will need to address this and provide for a strong aftercare support.
- Financial Restrictions: You insurance cover, or lack of, may dictate where you will attend rehab. If finance is an issue then the cost of travel will simply be an added burden.
The map below displays results for all rehab centers near you now.
To find a rehab center in a specific location please use the map below to select your preferred state. You will then be able to view rehabs centers in that state as well as information on addiction treatment resources there.
Rehab treatment and Insurance
How will you pay for rehab?
Do you have Insurance or access to finance to cover the cost of rehab? This is perhaps the most important factor that will impact your selection of rehab program. Unfortunately rehab isn’t cheap but the alternative is much worse. It is no different to having a life threatening illness that requires immediate treatment. If you don’t have insurance you may need to approach your family and friends for help or find a facility that will provide financial support or a payment plan.
Free: If you do not have the funds or any healthcare cover then searching for a free or state funded rehab may be your only options.
Private Pay: The best chances of a successful recovery usually happens when you attend a specialist inpatient facility for a long term stay. This does not come cheap and oftentimes you may need to partially or fully fund your treatment yourself. In such instances many people turn to friends, family and possibly their employers for help. A term loan is also an option. Many facilities also over payment plans which can help alleviate upfront financial stresses.
If you have private health cover then you will need to reach out to your insurance provider to determine the level of coverage they will provide and if they have any preferred centers.
Inpatient or Outpatient?
Depending upon your financial situation an outpatient treatment program might be your only option in the short to medium term. And whilst they do have their benefits and place in the recovery process, as a first step in recovery outpatient treatment programs have a much lower success rate than longer term inpatient programs. With a lack of 24 hour care and easy access to substances there is a much higher risk of relapse. Generally outpatient programs are better served as an aftercare support system or a relapse prevention mechanism.
Inpatient treatment programs provide a much greater chance of sustained recovery. However length of stay is key – and it is generally accepted that a minimum 90 day stay is required to properly immerse oneself in the detox and recovery process. It takes this time to overcome dependence, to explore any underlying causes of dependency and to develop the life skills to continue with a successful recovery once the rehab process ends.
There are many options when it comes to inpatient rehab treatment ranging from very basic centers where you may need to share a room to high end facilities with a multitude of extra curricular activities. Central to them all though is the concept and benefit of being removed from your everyday environment and the stresses and accessibility of your addicted substance. An inpatient facility provides you with the time and space that you need to properly. Most will involve a phase of detoxification, followed by rehabilitation through group and individual therapy and an outpatient aftercare program.
Niche Rehab Center Options
If your faith is incredibly important to you then attending a facility that emphasizes recovery through strengthened faith may provide you with a greater advantage in beating addiction. Also being surrounded by like-minded individuals will make your time in rehab easier.
Holistic rehab focuses on treating the person as a whole focusing on the connection between the mind, body and spirit. Holistic rehabs will typically be opposed to using any medications to support the detox process instead focusing on an organic all natural approach through nourishment, fitness, meditation and acupuncture. Psychotherapy at a holistic center might include the use of music or dance or animals.
A luxury rehab facility will provide privacy and 5 star accommodation if cost isn’t a factor. If you are accustomed to a certain standard of living then it is important that you find a rehab center which meets these standards.
Male or female only
Some people may have a preference for attending a male or female only facility, especially if conflict with the opposite sex has been an issue and perhaps a contributing factor in their addiction.
Rehab with pets
Facilities which allow you to bring your pets along are becoming more and more popular. Our pets are a very important part of our life. They are a constant, non-judgmental companion. If feasible, bringing your pet to rehab can provide comfort and help ensure your time there is a little easier.
What to expect from Drug and Alcohol Detox
Most drug and alcohol addictions require a period of detoxification before the rehabilitation process can begin. The purpose of detox is to remove all physical traces of drugs from the body.
Detox can be managed either in a residential rehab/detox center, in a hospital setting or at home. As the process of withdrawal and detoxification is different for everybody and depends on a number of factors it is best to consult a medical professional for the best advice on how your detox should be managed. Typically though at home detox is not recommended.
Factors which may influence the detox process include;
- The type of substance being abused and the severity of the addiction.
- The individuals physical composition and efficiency of their metabolism and elimination system
- Whether just one or several addictions exist and/or if any co-occurring issues exist
For more severe addictions medical intervention may be required and the detox process may be best managed in a hospital setting with 24/7 medical supervision. For more information on detox and finding a detox center near you visit or detox guide.
We can help verify your level of insurance cover. Call our free and 100% confidential helpline now.
Recovery Starts Here
At Rehab Now 247 we can help you address all of these considerations.
- We will discuss your addiction with you and determine the best plan for rehab and recovery.
- We can provide you with options nearest to you or in another state, depending on your preferences.
- We can verify your insurance on your behalf and even take care of the admissions process.
- If you are ready to get started we can help you find the right drug or alcohol rehab center today.